Friday, July 30, 2010

top chef and integrity

Wow. I love top chef...it's actually got me thinking about integrity. I mean, who steals someone's pea puree? And wins because of it's taste??? He had to feel yucky inside.

Anyway, I was talking to my sis-in-law the other day and we are self-proclaimed exaggerators. In analyzing myself, I notice that I convey to others the feeling of what's going on rather than the p.u.r.e. truth. ex: Caleb got out of his crib 50x's!!...well, 20x's...actually around 5x's. But it felt like 50! Or, more shamefully, I can make what I'm saying more interesting by "addin' a bit of flava" to it. Do you know what I mean?

But oh how important is it to be truthful. It's right. And it's freeing. I'm better at accepting reality with poise because no matter the "reality" it is true. This "concept"...it encompasses so much of my life. From simply not lying to having a Godly perspective on what happens in my life. It lessens my desire to paint an image of myself by what I wear, what the condition of my house is, what the condition of my heart is, how I say things, how I discipline my kids...etc.

A new mantra~ "It is what it is". Not that I don't need to shed off the parts of me that aren't Christ-like, just that I don't have to pretend about the things that aren't~

Be true.
Happy birthday to a new baby I can't wait to meet. Good job friend, I'm proud of you~

3 comments:

  1. One of my daughters and I have "it is what it is...and it isn't what it isn't" posted where we can see it daily. It's a good reminder.

    Thanks for sharing this excellent post Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true.Sometimes being truthful should be our number one concern and not how it sounds to others.

    Its what our children seen is what is important. I am reminded of that every day. "D" keeps reminding me to watch what I say. He's such a tape recorder these days. Ugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean top chef? I love that show and couldn't believe noone said anything! I have a feeling he'll get his just desserts in the end... I like that mantra too, I need to repeat that to myself all the time

    ReplyDelete